- MA Nordic Philology, Political Science, Psychology, , Christian Albrechts Universität of Kiel, completed with "excellent". Masters thesis on family conflicts and their connection with social change.
- Certified mediator (standard according to the German law on mediation), ImKonsens.
- Further training, among others Johan Galtung's advanced conflict analysis, Transcend-Peace-University, Intercultural Conflict Management at Center for Konfliktløsning, Child Rights and UN-System of Human Rights at Human Rights Education Associates and Nonviolence-trainer - Martin Luther King's method at Center for Nonviolence and Peace Studies. I also have a basic understanding of concepts such as critical whiteness und Healing Solidarity.
- At present: Teamleader at Servicestelle Kommunen in der Einen Welt, Engagement Global. Mediation and public speaking activities.
- Project management and implementation in peacebuilding, international understanding and civic participation.
- Consulting and mediation with organisations and teams, facilitation of dialogue processes with conflict actors (quiet diplomacy), working with traumatised teams.
- Research on and documentation of mediation, action research.
- Facilitation of civic education seminars and study trips.
- Volunteer mediator for students and families.
Conflict management training manual
- Caesar, K., Nibayubahe, E. & Nahimana, E. (2014): La gestion des conflicts – manuel de formation. WFD/MIPAREC, Bujumbura.
Contribution to a book on civil conflict management
- Caesar, K. (2013): Leuchttürme ziviler Konfliktbearbeitung. (Beacons of civil conflict management). In Andreas Heinemann-Grüder, Isabella Bauer (eds.) Zivile Konfliktbearbeitung. Zwischen Anspruch und Wirklichkeit. Berlin: Budrich Verlag, pp. 217-232.
Articles, studies, internal working papers
- Caesar, K. (2020): „Mein Traum ist: Wir sind alle Menschen.“ Interview mit Carole Sambale – Mediatorin zwischen den Welten, AfricaPositive, 22. Jahrgang, Nummer 79, ("My dream is: We are all just people." Interview with Carole Sambale - Mediator between worlds) S.32-33.
- Caesar, K. (2018): 'A Green Place, A Good Place - a classic in African GreatLakes Region's history – what's in it for today's peacebuilders?' Transconflict.
- Caesar, K. (2017): 'Entscheidendes Wissen“ - Rezension von A. Autesserres Peaceland. ('Crucial knowledge' - book review of A. Autesserre's Peaceland) . In: E&Z E-Paper März 2017, pp. 38-39.
K., Augustinovic, M., Weinz, I. (2016): Regional strategy for Sub-Saharan Africa. International Relations' department, Robert Bosch Foundation.
K. (2015): 'Can community mediation inform conflict resolution approaches in Burundi?' Transconflict.
- Caesar, K. (2015): 'The Boon', in Kompass Nr. 4 - Burn On, Weltfriedensdienst.
K.& B. Iryivuze (2015): Étude sur la situation actuelle des
comités de paix en matière de réseautage. (Study about the peace committees' networks). WFD/MIPAREC, Bujumbura.
K., Nahimana, E. & Nibayubahe, E. (2014):
de la situation sécuritáire dans la zone d'intervention de
of the security situation in Mi-PAREC's target area). WFD/ MIPAREC,
- Kemper, B. Schoenegg, G., Rohhardt, C. & K. Caesar (2014): Stratégie pays du Service Civil pour la Paix, Burundi. (Burundi country strategy, German Civil Peace Service).
- Caesar, K (2014): 'Marc Ndarigendane – a Burundian peacemaker'. Transconflict.
- Caesar, K. (2011): Civil Society and Good Governance in Malawi. Lilongwe.
- Caesar, K. (2011): Volunteer Survey. National Initiative for Civic Education.
- Caesar, K. (2008): Migration and national identity - analysing head scarf debates in Germany and Denmark.
Ever since I had been to the USA as a 17 year old exchange student with Youth for Understanding I have always strived to know other cultures at a deeper level. In total, I have spent eight years abroad and have been working internationally for 14 years. My role models are my former Malawian and Burundian colleagues whom I owe until today - they have modeled conflict transformation for me over and over again in every day life, and they have inspired me until today. I wish to give back and pass on the hospitality of my hosts and openness of my international partners.